Monday, October 3, 2011

Goals For Week 10/3/2011

 1. Cook 2 new recipes at home.
    
     I just today finished reading the book Ravenous, and I love the way Macy explains her obsession with food and they we she is trying to overcome them. I too believe I am obsessed with food and I feel that part of my healing will come from cooking my own meals at home. I am going to slowly try to eliminate almost all processed foods and really work on eating more plants and less meat.






 2. Finish all fundraising cards and thank you notes.

     I have now proudly made it to 52% of my fundraising goal for my walk. I am still needing just over $1,100 to complete that goal and to raise the funds I have hand made some cards to send to close friends and family asking for their help. I have sent out 10 with an overwhelming response to help, so if I send out the 40 I have left I should meet my goal before the walk in November. 

 


 3. Read for 1 hour daily.


     Part of my healthy living strategy is to reduce stress. One of my favorite ways to do this is through reading. I love all kinds of books and I love reading right before bed to get my mind relaxed and calm. 






 4. Do my daily training for my Susan G. Komen walk.


     I have been less than thrilled with my training walks for this event. I have not been doing what I need to do as far as preparing myself physically for this walk. I am afraid I will get there and not be able to finish...I hate not finishing what I start.






5. Track every thing that goes into my mouth 6 days this week.

     I am a firm believer that if you have to write down everything you eat you will think twice before putting into your mouth. I have been using Sparkpeople's free nutrition tracker to keep tabs on my eating. 

Starting weight from the doctor's office today:311
Times I wanted to cry:15
Samples of antidepressants given: 4 weeks
Relief from having the courage to ask for help: immeasurable

What are your goals for this week? 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment